All right ladies and gentlemen its time to get your feet ready for warmer weather. So it is a perfect time to slough off those rough patches of skin off your feet. Sally Hansen’s intensive heel repair is the product you need to prepare your feet for sandals. This heel repair product exfoliates rough feet, dry heels and calluses. It has shea butter and tea tree oil which will make for your feet softer and pedicure ready.
Just slather the cream all over your feet before bed time. Remember to pay special attention to your heels and calluses since they are the driest part of your feet. Do not forget to apply it to the cuticles on your toes. This area to very thin and can easily become dry.
When you wake up in the morning your feet will feel refreshed and smooth. Repeat by applying it nightly until your calluses disappear. Then you should use the cream every two weeks for maintenance to keep your feet looking great. An added bonus to using the intensive heel repair cream, you will be able to ditch wearing socks at night to help the product absorb into your feet. This is a highly concentrated cream so there is no need to do extra work by wrapping your feet.
Just a tip for first time user, your feet will not transform overnight. You will need to use this product consistently and then follow-up with maintenance treatments every two weeks. So keep the container visible on your nightstand as a reminder to use it regularly. So get those footsies out there and in those sandals!
So you do not have the time or the money to visit the salon to have your nails polished? Here are easy to follow instructions on how to paint your fingernails at home just like a professional manicurist would in the salon:
- Swipe your nails with a acetone polish remover. Use a swab made for nails. A regular cotton ball has lint and could mess up your polish. A acetone polish remover will cut the amount of oil on your nails and help the new polish adhere better.
- Apply a single thin clear base coat. This will make the color polish last longer. If you apply a thick layer it will cause the polish to smudge and increase your drying time. Use a base coat that is formaldehyde free because is it better for the health of your fingernails. A base coat will act like double-sided tape by anchoring the polish and creating a barrier for your nails.
- Next apply your choice of color polish. Pick a polish that is phthalate free because it will resist chipping. Apply two thin coats of color polish. Always brush forward with one fluid motion when applying the color. Let each layer dry to avoid bubbles in your color. Remember a pale pink shade is the most forgiving. This shade is timeless and ageless.
- Now you are ready to apply your topcoat. This will set the color on your nails and add shine to their appearance. Choose a topcoat that has a sunscreen in it to make the color last longer.
A great looking at home nail polish application is very easy to do. Just remember to use a good quality base coat, color, and top coat. This should improve the look and durability of your manicure.
Here are the best places to buy professional grade polish:
With the introduction of Red Carpet Manicure to the retail market now you can get your gel manicures done in the comfort of your own home. If you are familiar with Shellac Nails, this system is very similar. But instead of visit your local salon to get your gel manicure, Red Carpet Manicure products can be purchased via store front retailers and online.
This nail system is not harmful to your natural nails like acrylic or gel enhanced nails. In fact, Red Carpet Manicure products will help strength your natural nails and encourage growth. This manicure will dry instantly and last for weeks. There are now thirty-six shades and they are adding more all the time.
The starter kit from Red Carpet Manicure will run you around $60 and you can buy it at Ulta stores, online at www.ulta.com and www.drugstore.com. The instructions are easy to follow and you can find a how-to video at www.redcarpetmanicure.com.
You can use these products on top of your already enhanced nails. And you can layer different colors from the line to add more dimensions to your manicures. Red Carpet Manicure also offers a French manicure line to give you more choices. Check them out online for more information.
photo credit: redcarpetmanicure.com
All shades of pink nail polish is a huge fashion trend this season. The colors run the gambit of pink from bubblegum to rose colors.
Pink is a must for your maincures and pedicures this spring. Keeping with the trend, these shades should be worn on short to medium length fingernails.
You should round the tips of your fingernails to give them a classy manicured feel. This style of manicure should fit easily into your wardrobe and you will want to wear these colors throughout this season.
If you are not a fan of pastel pinks because you think it washes you out, try layering it with a coat of a darker pink tone. Choose one with some shimmer to it. This will add depth to your nail color. As an added bonus you will be creating a nail polish color designed by you and just for you!
Here is a shout out to the choices that are particularly lovely:
Essie’s A Crewed Interest- a wonderful shade of blush. See the color here,,,http://www.essie.com/shop/crewed-interest-p-418.html.
Sally Hansen’s Smooth and Perfect Color Satin- a perfect shade for any occasion and as a bonus this line fills in ridges on your nails. See the color here…http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/smooth-perfect-color-care.
OPI’s Pedal Faster Suzi!- a shade of rose with just a hint of shimmer that goes nicely with any skin tone. See the color here…http://www.amazon.com/Polish-Lacquer-Pedal-Faster-H60/dp/B0076H8R8C.
Orly’s Artifical Sweetner- a creamy hot pink color when you feel like adding a dash of color to your look. See the color here…http://www.nailsupplies.us/orly-artificial-sweetener-0-6oz-s/
So get out there and get your pink on this season!
Why does Rihanna have to look so skanky? She is beautiful.
wide leg trouser spring 2012 photo credit: kimberly-lyn via flickr
Silky wide leg trousers are a major fashion trend this season. They are over sized and in many colors, including floral prints. When choosing this style of pants look for ones with inverted pleats because they will slim your legs. Choose fabrics that will flow to make your outfit appear breezy and laid back. The ones that are a silk blend will be the most durable.
Your hem will need to be longer and it should hide most of your shoe. Always wear heels with this look so you do not appear stumpy. Wedges would be a shoe choice for these trousers. They will make your legs look longer and you will appear thinner.
Do not choose a size that appears too baggy because this will make you look heavier than you really are. Pick a medium to high rise, this will emphasize the smallest part of your waist. You will appear to have a hour glass figure. If you want to add more emphasis on your shape just add a belt. When picking a waistband in these trousers go with a drawstring for a more casual look. If you want a more dressy look pick a button fly waistband. These will make the trousers look more fitted to your body.
Wear fitted tops or structured jackets on your top half to offset the fullness in the pants. This will balance your shape and give you a more put together look. Try to avoid looking like the trousers are to large and ill fitting. No one wants to looks frumpy. But with correct fit these pants will become a item that you wear all the time. These trousers will be a great addition to your spring/summer wardrobe.
Finally, winter is dwindling away and spring is on the way. So it is time to get your fingernails and toenails ready for the new season. Here is what we be popular in spring 2012.
classic red nail polish photo credit: imaxtree.com
(1) The minimalist approach to fingernail color is a big trend. The very flash and elaborate nail colors of last year are now giving way to a more classic look. Nude, cream, and beige will be popular this spring. You will see alot of gray, white, and pale pink. If you choose a color from this pallet keep your nails rounded. This will make your hands seem longer. A great choice from these colors is a creamy beige. It can be worn for day or evening and will give your nails a elegant look with little effort.
(2) What was once old is new again this season. Classic red, burgundy and pastel colors will be very popular. The reds are inspired by the 1950s. Picture the styles of Marilyn Monroe or Grace Kelly and you have captured the trend. If you are going to choose a shade of nail polish from this pallet wear your nails short to medium in length. So not to over power your look by drawing all the attention to your fingernails.
(3) For those of us that like to add a little flash to fingernails, fancy patterns will be popular. Nail Technicians can do amazing things with glitter and a airbrush gun! These fingernails are not just polished, but a work of art. These designs can be tailored to your personal taste, from elaborate designs to the more demure. If you are planning a spring vacation, fancy patterned nails would be perfect for the occasion. Remember fashion should be a expression of your personal style.
(4) Chrome nail colors that make your fingers shine will be popular to. Some have reflective pearly finishes, jockey strips, and half-moons. This style of nail polish is a perfect fit for the fashion forward among us. You will even see geometric checkered manicures these season. This nail art will be a perfect accessories to match the flirty springs fashions.
Enjoy the warmer weather and show off those nails. Its time to get outside and have lots of fun.
I have naturally dry, frizzy, and wavy hair. Moroccanoil is the best line of hair products I have ever used on my hair. My particular favorite is the Intense Hydrating Mask. I apply it to my hair then cover it with a shower cap and wear it around the house when I am doing some chores. I wash it out in the shower and it leaves my hair super soft and silky. You can even sleep with this product on your hair for a extra boost. You can check’em out online at http://www.moroccanoil.com.